1 of 11Image
10 iPad apps for back to school
If you are a student with an iPad or are about to send one back to school these apps will go a long way to help keep on top of things once the school year starts. There are apps that help keep track of a busy class schedule and help prevent assignments from falling through the cracks.
There is an app that can replace those expensive graphing calculators, and another that makes learning elements a thing of joy. One of the apps helps get rid of big, heavy textbooks and put them right inside the iPad.
Some of the apps are free and most just a few bucks so no breaking the bank.
Quick Graph+: Your Scientific Graphing Calculator
This app puts a full graphing calculator inside the iPad. It has an equation editor that makes it as easy as can be to get the information in the calculator and then solve them with full 2D and 3D graphing.
Commonly used equations can be stored for retrieval and graphics can be saved to the photo library on the iPad.
From the developer:
- Unlimited graphs.
- VGA Output.
- 2D - 3D equation plotting.
- Library for commonly used equations.
- Wireframe and solid visualization.
- Support for cartesian, polar, cylindrical and spherical coordinate systems.
- Pinch to zoom.
- Drag to rotate - move.
- Swipe to delete equations from the equation list.
- Shake to reset view to original state, or to clear entry fields.
- Double tap to change visualization modes.
- Enhanced 2D mode for great hi-res graphics.
- Adaptive 2D algorithms.
- Enhanced 3D mode with better graphics.
- In-app email so you can share graphics and equations.
- Save to photo library.
- Copy to clipboard.
- Enhanced equation visualization.
- Hyperbolic and Inverse functions.
- Special functions such as Min, Max, if.
- Interactive expression evaluation.
- Implicit graphs and inequalities.
- 2D tracing.
- 2D independent axis scaling.
- Labels and notes for library entries
- Roots and Intersections
- Value Table
- Turn graphs on/off.
Download: From the iTunes Store