6 of 11Image
This app isn't just for students but is just as good for them as anyone. Evernote is a cloud-based note app that makes it easy to take notes that include text, audio, photos, and images captured from other apps.
While not a full word processor Evernote includes a rich text editor to handle common formatting to make notes look pretty decent. Users can organize those notes in a variety of ways so the method that works best is at hand.
Since the notes are cloud-based they can be accessed from just about any smartphone or tablet. This is a handy feature for students who often need to refer to notes while running around the campus, even if the iPad is back in the dorm.
Evernote is free with a paid version available for those needing extra storage in the cloud. It works on both the iPad and iPhone
From the developer:
• Sync all of your notes across the computers and devices you use
• Create and edit text notes, to-dos and task lists
• Save, sync and share files
• Record voice and audio notes
• Search for text inside images
• Organize notes by notebooks and tags
• Email notes and save tweets to your Evernote account
• Connect Evernote to other apps and products you use
• Share notes with friends and colleagues via Facebook and Twitter
• Works with Evernote Business: Capture, browse, search, and share Business Notes and Business Notebooks from your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
◦ Premium feature: take notebooks offline to access them anytime
◦ Premium feature: allow others to edit your notebooks
◦ Premium feature: add a PIN lock to your Evernote app
Price: Free (Premium service available at cost)
Download: From the iTunes Store