15 of 15Image
Reason 14: Google Maps Navigation
I have lots of GPS navigation options on different platforms, but my go to service is Google Maps Navigation on Android smartphones. Google keeps updating the application and I haven't found anything better. The large 5 inch display of the Droid DNA and high resolution makes the experience even better.
Reason 15: Wireless charging is convenient and cool
The HTC Droid DNA supports the Qi wireless charging standard and given the difficult to open microUSB door it seems that HTC is encouraging wireless charging. A slick Qi charging stand coming out soon is the TYLT Vu (pictured above) and it is much easier to just set the DNA on a charging pad or stand rather than plugging it into a cable. Then again, I do like that HTC uses a standard microUSB to charge up the DNA so you should be able to find power at any time.
Related ZDNet coverage
- HTC Droid DNA and Samsung Galaxy Note II: Two super smartphones on Verizon Wireless
- HTC Droid DNA: pros, cons, and in-betweens (hands-on review)
- HTC Droid DNA hands-on gallery
- Best Android-powered smartphones (November 2012 edition)
- First hands-on impressions of the Verizon HTC Droid DNA
- Google adds travel functions and song identification to Google Now