1 of 19Image
Apple has updated plans for its next-generation campus -- dubbed the Apple Campus 2, or commonly known as the 'Spaceship' -- earlier this week. Included in the new plans are 650,000 sq. ft. of solar panels and a massive increase in the amount of green space and plant-life across the new campus.
- Gallery: Apple Campus 2: Revised concept images of the new Cupertino campus
- Jobs left future plans for next-generation Apple products
- Apple's iPad goes to campus: A look at the opportunities, hurdles
- Stanford's nearby Apple store remembers Jobs in Post-it tribute
- New Apple campus two years behind schedule
- Apple's 'spaceship'-like campus reboot (photos)
- Apple outlines new 12,000 capacity 'spaceship' campus
From the aerial view, it is clear that most of the new campus will be powered by solar panels and renewable energy soruces. The main campus building -- the donut-like shape -- in the middle of the image -- will house around 14,200 Apple employees in one location. Other buildings include R&D labs, a corporate auditorium and parking buildings.