ERP implementations sometimes feel like pulling teeth. Keeping alive this spirit of suffering, the ERP and More! blog has assembled a list of seven analogies for ERP.
Truth be told, I suspect the dude has a bit too much time on his hands, but here you go:
- The implementation will be like open heart surgery while the patient is still alive and working.
- An ERP implementation is like the corporate equivalent of a brain transplant.
- I think of ERP implementations like mountain climbing: No two are the same.
- ERP is like my marriage…In good times and in bad, in sickness and in health…
- ERP implementation is like a warfare, make it quick and fast, don’t drag too long.
- ERP implementation is like a soccer team, where the coach, physiotherapist and substitutes have roles that are equal to those of the players themselves (explaining the role of top management).
- An ERP implementation is like a 9 month root canal.
If you've been through a difficult implementation, you'll relate to some of these. If not...well, just be thankful.