Plenty of cloud integrators, VARs, developers and consulting companies are building practices around the Salesforce.com eco-system. But which ones are leading particularly transformation or innovative projects?
During Dreamforce this week, the company recognized seven companies as part of the second annual Partner Innovation Awards. "As we usher in a new era of the social, mobile and connected enterprise, the role of our consulting partners has become even more crucial: not only are customers looking to our partners for technical expertise, but they are also looking to them for guidance in translating their business objectives into reality," write Salesforce.com on its blog about the recognition.
Here are the companies recognized for each category, along with a brief description of why:
- Customer Company Innovation (Deloitte): The consulting company worked with AXA-Assistance, an emergency response specialist, to reconsider and reengineer how the company delivers customer support and to create standardized business processes across all the countries were it does business. The solution was delivered through the Salesforce Service Cloud, and it helps integrate views of customer support issues and resolutions across multiple communications and outreach channels.
- Innovation in Sales (PwC): The recognized project involved using a range of Salesforce technologies to transform sales processes for building materials manufacturer USG. The result is a 360-degree of customer data that can be accessed mobilely.
- Innovation in Service (Magnet360): The integrator created a community portal for Honeywell that connects consumers with certified nearby contractors and dealers, and that helps this entire ecosystem better understand customer needs.
- Innovation in Marketing (Fujitsu): The solution includes a customer loyalty and brand development platform for apparel designer Perry Ellis International.
- Innovation in Platform (Appirio): At this center of this award is an intranet overhaul for Virgin America. The solution is called VXConnect, built on Force.com, that enables employees to access payroll, human resource, finance, travel, crew member support options, and other internal-facing applications needed by 2,700 Virgin America "teammates." (Appirio also won this same category last year.)
- Innovation in Mobile (Ionia): The integrator helped New England Biolabs integrate touch screen kiosks and barcode scanners with its Salesforce deployment, providing employees with real-time access into inventory levels, shipping updates and customer interactions.
- Innovation in Industry Solutions (Accenture): The consulting company built a digital social application for consumer products giant Unilever, using Salesforce Chatter, in just 12 weeks. The focus is on allowing marketers across the company's divisions to more easily share best practices and creative assets.