The afternoon at DEMO 07 covers a number of topics with presenting companies organized around three themes:
Making it all work – companies providing the architecture and foundation for web-based applications and services.
- SupportSoft – System TuneUp and Security Audit – System TuneUp helps computer users speed up the performance of their PCs in under an hour. Security Audit provides assistance in locking down a PC to prevent malicious software infection and phishing and other attacks.
- Triumfant – Resolution Manager – A service that scans all computers on a network, establishing more than 200,000 data points on each PC which are then compared against a reference model to identify any anomalies, patch issues, or other issues and pushes fixes to the affected PC automatically.
- SOASTA – Concerto – an online visual development environment for testing and certifying web applications.
- Integrien – Alive 5.5 – A network monitoring system that predicts network issues before they happen allow proactive response before a service failure takes place.
- SailPoint Technologies – Compliance IQ – a service that helps organizations analyze and assess end-user access to network resources and information stores to manage risk and comply with legislative drivers like Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPPA.
- Panjea.com – surf the net and collect video links from content services like YouTube and aggregate them into a personal channel that can be embedded into any website, blog, or MySpace page.
- mywaves – content channels you can subscribe to and watch on your mobile handset including video from CNN, MTV, and VH1 as well as popular web video sources.
- ClipSyndicate – an advertising and content syndication service for content producers to assist in monetizing their work. Content providers and web publishers share in the revenues generated..
- Magnify.net – makes creating and attaching metadata to User Generated Video (UGV) easier to enable better search and make it easier to aggregate content about particular subject together into a channel that can be subscribed to.
- Yodio – an online community for creating and sharing audio casts, Yodio supports rating of audio casts, streaming and/ot downloading of content to most audio devices and is offering a micro-paymnet system to reward creators of popular content.
- ThePort Network – Blerts – ThePort Network has created a tool that allows your most important (orinteresting) RSS feeds to generate a visual alert when new content becomes available. Content, whether text or images, can be viewed directly in the Blert.
- LiveSquare.com – an anti-piracy solution for streaming media, video-conferencing, and other online content.
- ink2 – on-demand printing of cards and other goods from content on any web site including the commerce engine required to conduct the transactions.
- VUVOX – an easy-to-use online and mobile content creation service that produces high-quality output that can be shared on a web site or blog.
- SplashCast – create and syndicate online content built from music, photos, video, text and RSS feeds. SplashCast provides a universal, embedded player.
- SharedBook – allows content to be aggregated from arounf the internet and published in a permanent, personalized book.
- OurStory – allows the collaborative building a interactive timeline of photos and commentary.
- Mixpo Portfolio Broadcasting – allows individuals to easily organize content into a sharable video channel. The emphasis is on extremely simple construction that results in a high-quality presentation. A copy-and-paste metaphor is used to construct the presentation.
- Preclick – Instant Photo Messenger – makes photo sharing as easy as instant messaging. Shared photos can be printed via an online service provider, printed at home, saved locally, or added to a screensaver with a few clicks.
- Bling Software – An AJAX client for mobile applications that allows a mobile application to be built in a very short time.
I've spent the breaks from the DEMO stage visiting with some of the companies here and will be back with a closer look at a few companies that have really caught my interest with solutions to very real problems and tools that create new opportunities for creating a variety of content.