Alfresco is expecting more success in the government sector.
The records management module has received DoD 5015.02 standard certification, which defines the "operational, legislative and regulatory requirements that must be met by the records management application products acquired by the DoD," Alfresco noted.
Alfresco claims it is the only open source offering with that distinction. The module will be available for Alfresco's Enterprise Edition version 3.2 by the end of this year, the company announced this week.
The records management module offers a single repository, a web based interface and email filing support.
That's not all. As described by Alfresco in a release issued this week, the new module will offer:
· Enhanced permissions model based on user capabilities and roles;
· Full record lifecycles based on disposal schedules;
· Support for complex transfers;
· Support for Vital Records and their reviews;
· Search, workflow and hold tools to comply with transparency and Freedom of Information Act regulations;
· Ability to create a Hold record for legal or litigation; and,
· Saved searches to enhance user’s ability to find and manage records.