But other stories in ZDNet blogs this year also inspired busy discussion threads, including David Berlind's account of seeking a refund for Wi-Fi disservice; reports from Ed Bott and Mary Jo Foley on the now infamous Windows kill switch; and "Apple vs. Me," Jason O'Grady's tale of life in the legal cross-hairs of a large corporation.
Here are 15 of the most discussed stories in our blogosphere this year...
- Google: The Anti-Microsoft
- Why open source still obsesses about Microsoft
- The NSA phone call database is illegal
- Apple vs. Me
- T-Mobile: 'No hotspot? Sorry, no refund either'
- Yes, there is an Office 2007 'kill switch'
- Firefox is slow and buggy (but I'm hooked anyway)
- Stallman leads the GPL off a cliff
- To beat Linux: scam the customer
- Apple vs. Dell price war
- Busted! What happens when WGA attacks
- Is Microsoft about to release a Windows 'kill switch'?
- Vulnerability statistics for Mac and Windows
- Why the world just isn't ready for Linux
- 'Dude'! The Mac Duo is almost $1000 more!