Apple held atoday at the California theatre in San Jose that turned out to be anything but "little" -- at least as far as hardware is concerned. Apple announced five (count 'em!) new hardware devices, including:
- iPad with Retina Display (fourth generation)
In this post I want to discuss the new iPad 4 which, like the new Mac mini, didn't even garner a press release.
Easily the most surprising announcement of the day, the iPad 4 comes a short seven months after the iPad 3 which was announced on March 7, 2012
- Same 9.7" inch Retina display
- A6X processor - doubles the performance and graphics
- Next generation ISP (image stabilization processor)
- 10hour battery life
- FaceTime HD camera - 720p
- LTE expanded coverage - Sprint in the U.S., more international carriers
- WiFi 802.11n - 2x faster
- Lightning connector
- Lighting to SD/USB/HDMI/VGA adapters available
- Same prices $499, $599, $699 for Wi-Fi ($130 premium for LTE)
So, are you buying?