iPhone debacle? What iPhone debacle? Apple proved again today that it's the teflon don of technology companies and virtually impervious to the effects of sometimes flaky products, or even the financial markets as a whole.
Apple today announced its financial results for the third fiscal quarter of 2010 and they're outstanding. Q3 was another record quarter for the company, with revenue hitting an all-time high and earnings up a whopping 78 percent.
Some of the highlights:
- Record revenue of $15.7 billion (compared to $9.73 billion in the year-ago quarter)
- Net quarterly profit of $3.25 billion, or $3.51 per diluted share (versus $1.83 billion/$2.01)
- Gross margin was 39.1 percent (40.9 percent)
- International sales accounted for 52 percent of revenue.
- Sold 3.47 million Macs during the quarter (new quarterly record and a 33 percent unit increase over the year-ago quarter.
- Sold 8.4 million iPhones in the quarter (61 percent unit growth)
- Apple sold 9.41 million iPods during the quarter (an eight percent unit decline)
- 3.27 million iPads sold
Can anything stop AAPL?