Review, the Year Ahead" class="alignright size-full wp-image-790" />
Top 10 most viewed posts of 2011The Apple iPad was the most popular device topic of the year here at ZDNet Mobile Gadgeteer. Six of my top ten posts were related to the iPad, two were related to ebook readers, one to the iPod touch, and one to the HP TouchPad. Here are my Top 10 posts of 2011:
- iPad Office app showdown: Four apps to help you get work done (over 8 times more views than any other post)
- 5 reasons you should consider a 3G iPad 2
- Amazon Kindle Fire vs. B&N Nook Tablet: Is there a clear winner? (review)
- 2011 iPad Office apps showdown: Who says you can't work on the go?
- Review: The Apple iPod touch brings many iPhone 4 features without the carrier
- iPad experience: One week with the iPad 2 removes all my doubts
- onSale and B&N cancel HP TouchPad orders in continuing saga of a dead tablet
- Review: ZAGG Logitech Keyboard Case for Apple iPad 2
- My hunt for the elusive iPad 2 delivers some big game
- How to loan ebooks on the nook with LendMe service
Looking ahead to 2012The mobile space continues to be hot and in 2012 I think we will see lots of news around the following:
- Apple iPad 3: It is likely we will see an updated iPad in 2012, but in typical Apple fashion there are no details available yet.
- Android tablets: Honeycomb was a bit like Vista on PCs, but hopefully Android tablets with Ice Cream Sandwich will be much better.
- Windows 8 tablets: Nothing seems to be able to take on the iPad, but I know plenty of people who need full Windows on a tablet and are very interested in seeing if Microsoft can get it right in 2012.
- Ebook readers: eInk readers seem to have reached the limit with excellent touchscreen displays, but the color eBook reader/tablet (Amazon Kindle Fire) is taking off in the $200 price range and we should see continued developments in this space.