Within three days of the live launch date, Apple sold a whopping 1.7 million copies of the iPhone 4. Despite all of the problems and hassle that went on during the pre-sale week, that's pretty darn good.
That number includes all of the sales up to and including Saturday, June 26. Compare that to one year ago when iPhone 3GS sales topped one million in four days, and sales for the iPhone 3G reached a million in three days in 2008.
Sunday numbers haven't been published or included yet, but basically the iPhone 4 has become the Avatar of smartphones.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- The reason why I won't be buying an iPhone 4 ... yet
- iPhone 4 upgrades to HSDPA and HSUPA can double 3G bandwidth speeds
- Apple: Don't hold your iPhone 4 that way
- iPhone 4: Video interview with a happy new owner
- Scenes from iPhone 4 launch (photos)