Apple Store thieves still at large

Summary:The two thieves allegedly responsible for a violent break-in at a Sydney Apple Store almost a fortnight ago are still at large, according to the NSW Police Service.

The two thieves allegedly responsible for a violent break-in at a Sydney Apple Store almost a fortnight ago are still at large, according to the NSW Police Service.

Bondi Apple Store

The Bondi Store during the first iPad launch (Credit: CBSi)

Two men allegedly took sledgehammers to the plate glass windows of the Bondi Junction Apple Store at approximately 2:45am on Friday, 4 March.

The two men then entered the Apple Store, escaping with "several boxes", the NSW Police told ZDNet Australia. A security guard on duty at the time sought cover during the smash-and-grab raid.

No arrests have been made in the case after two weeks and the investigation is ongoing, police said.

ZDNet Australia contacted Apple Australia for comment on what had been stolen, but no response had been received at the time of publication.

Topics: Apple, Government, Government : AU, Security

About

A fresh recruit onto the tech journalism battlefield, Luke Hopewell is eager to see some action. After a tour of duty in the belly of the Telstra beast, he is keen to report big stories on the enterprise beat. Drawing on past experience in radio, print and magazine, he plans to ask all the tough questions you want answered.

Kick off your day with ZDNet's daily email newsletter. It's the freshest tech news and opinion, served hot. Get it.

Related Stories

The best of ZDNet, delivered

You have been successfully signed up. To sign up for more newsletters or to manage your account, visit the Newsletter Subscription Center.
Subscription failed.