Here's what's new for Apple's smartwatch.
- First, a new name. It's not the Apple Watch 2, but instead Apple Watch Series 2.
- It's waterproof to 50 meters -- making it a true swim watch.
- It features a new waterproof speaker which vibrates at the end of a workout to drain the water from the speaker.
- The silicon has also seen an upgrade to a dual-core processor which is 50 percent faster, and a GPU that's twice as fast as the GPU in the original Apple Watch (which has been renamed Apple Watch Series 1).
- There's a new ceramic offering, which is harder than stainless steel.
- Prices start at $369
- For the fashion conscious there are new Hermes bands.
- For the fitness conscious, there's a new Apple Watch Series 2 Nike + edition which will ship late October.
- Apple Watch Series 1 will see the CPU boosted to a dual-core part, and prices start at $269.
- Pre-orders start September 9, with devices shipping September 13.
Interestingly, no mention of an upgraded all gold edition Apple Watch. Also, no word on battery life.