Promotional events for the self-publishing platform kick off today actually in Santa Monica with an in-store discussion featuring e-book authors H.P. Mallory and Beth Orsoff. Perhaps if you're a budding writer interested in using PubIt to publish your work, this could be a valuable opportunity. Prospective writers and anyone else interested in learning more about the platform can use the "Search Stores & Events" button and input local information as events become announced.
Furthermore, customers who visit any of Barnes & Noble's bookstores nationwide on Saturday, February 26 and opt to take a guided tour of the Nook Color e-book reader will get a free tall cup of hot or iced fresh-brewed Starbucks coffee in the Barnes & Noble Café. If you're walking through the mall and there happens to be a B&N, why wouldn't you stop for a free cup of coffee?
Although it's a little strange that B&N is all of a sudden having a random promo event for the Nook Color months after it was released. It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with a potential iPad 2 being announced next week, would it?
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Barnes & Noble finally launches PubIt! self-publishing program
- Barnes & Noble announces 'PubIt!' self-publishing platform
- Photos: Hack the Nook Color into a full Android tablet
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb download comes to Nook Color
- NOOKnewsstand has sold over 650,000 digital periodical subscription