Box.net and Hewlett-Packard have collaborated in the past with the offer of 50GB of free cloud space for all new Touchpad owners.
Here's a new promotion that might last a bit longer. Box is now working with HP on new content management and cloud offerings on select HP desktops for small business and enterprise customers.
Karen Appleton, Box's vice president of business development, described the inspiration for the venture on Box's official blog, citing a Gartner survey that predicts worldwide IT spending will reach $2.7 trillion by 2012 thanks to "unprecedented data growth, mobility and cloud collaboration platforms."
Thus, the motivation for Box is to build upon these potential opportunities and grow with major partners -- and HP fits the bill considering it is staying in the PC game.
Prospective business customers using select HP Elite and HP Pro desktop will have two offers to choose from:
- Option 1 (HP Compaq Pro 6005 and 6200 Series): Customers who purchase a new HP Compaq Pro 6500 or 6200 Series PC will receive a free Box account with 10 GB of storage with the option to upgrade to additional capacities at a reduced annual rates.
- Option 2 (HP Compaq Elite 8200 Series): Customers who purchase a new HP Elite 8200 Series PC will receive a Box account with unlimited storage and syncing for free for one year.
Both of these promotions kick off today.
- HP launches Hybrid Cloud product and services barrage
- Cloud in 2012: The awkward teenage years are upon us
- Salesforce.com boasts customer wins over Oracle, Microsoft
- Podio gifting platform to college students worldwide for free
- Data Center Network Connect joins HP and Alcatel Lucent in the Cloud