It makes sense that system management software provider CA is extending its reach as deep as possibility into what could very well be the next killer enterprise management software category: sustainability and environmental management software.
The vendor has updated two modules in its broader ecoSoftware line. They are ecoGovernance 1.5, which is specifically meant to manage carbon emissions and related sustainability data points, and ecoMeter 1.5, which is an energy management application.
ecoGovernance comes in the form of a dashboard that tracks:
- Carbon emissions, water usage and waste generation
- Consumption associated with energy and natural resources
- The impact that members of a company's supply chain might have on its broader sustainability policy
- Energy mandate compliance
eoMeter provides tools for:
- Analyzing energy consumption patterns
- Identifying potential areas for energy reduction
- Measuring energy efficiency (supports the Power Usage Effectiveness and the Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency ratios)
- Making better use of existing assets
- Assigning costs to specific business units or customers (in the case of a hosting facility provider)