Central Desktop has just expanded its collaboration platform with online spreadsheets from Teams and Concepts Limited's EditGrid. With the addition, Central Desktop users can collaborate on spreadsheets in real-time within the Central Desktop environment, which also includes collaborative document editing, Web and audio conferencing, discussion threads and versioned file tracking.
As a result of Central Desktop's EditGrid integration, Central Desktop users can now:
- Create, edit and share online spreadsheets in real-time
- Import and export online spreadsheets to and from Microsoft Excel
- Store online spreadsheets in a secure, password protected workspace environment
- Apply user permissions to control access (read, edit, add, delete)
- Export as XLS, XML, OpenDocument, OpenOffice.org, HTML, PDF and CSV file formats
- Create more than 30 types of charts (bar charts, pie charts, etc.)
- Automatically fetch and store stock quotes, foreign currency rates and website data into a spreadsheet
- Access more than 500 formulas and functions
EditGrid is now included with Central Desktop's standard pricing which starts at $25/month for 10 users. Additional plans accommodating larger teams and companies are available. A limited free version of the service is also available for trial use.