Citi today announced the Citi ThankYou Point Sharing App, a Facebook app that lets ThankYou Rewards members who are Facebook friends to pool their points together, and use their points' collective value towards a shared goal, such as a charitable donation or a reward from thankyou.com. Citi is calling it "the first Facebook app from a loyalty program that is both a rewarding and social experience."
To celebrate the app's beta launch, Citi is giving 10 million ThankYou points to qualifying ThankYou members on Facebook. The first 4,000 ThankYou members to link the ThankYou Point Sharing App to their personal Facebook page before 11:59 PM EST on February 3, 2012 will receive 2,500 ThankYou points within 72 hours.
Here's how to use the Citi ThankYou Point Sharing App:
- Visit the Citibank Facebook Page and view the ThankYou Point Sharing tab to link the app to your ThankYou account. ThankYou members will be prompted to enter their username and password to log in to their accounts.
- Start a pool of points for an individual, group, or cause, and set a goal. For example, the goal could be for a large group donation to a charitable organization, or points required for a specific reward from the ThankYou catalog. The app also enables members to highlight a desired item on their ThankYou Wishlist when setting a goal for the pool.
- Members can select a specific amount of ThankYou points they would like to contribute to the pool.
- They can invite any number of Facebook friends who are ThankYou members to join the pool. All participants in a point pool must have the Facebook app linked to their ThankYou account.
- They also have the option to share a Facebook wall post after creating a point pool to encourage friends and family to join and contribute.
- Members can track progress towards the goal for their points pool on the app, which displays a percentage of each goal reached.
"As our ThankYou members imagine all the ways to use their points this year, this app extends the possibilities," said Ralph Andretta, Head of Co Brands and Loyalty at Citi Cards. "With the new ability to pool points together through their social networks, ThankYou members can rally their friends towards a bigger reward -- whether they are interested in combining points to book a weekend getaway or supporting a common cause. Citi is constantly listening to our clients as part of our commitment to deliver rewarding experiences that fit into their increasingly digital world. This new app is a first in the marketplace and a fun, flexible way to share ThankYou points -- as well as rewarding experiences -- with friends and family."
- Facebook gives security researchers Visa debit cards
- 70% of Facebook users are comfortable with what they share
- PayPal launches Facebook app called Send Money
- eBay partners with Facebook on social commerce: Want, Own buttons
- Facebook Credits updated, new payment methods added
- Facebook begins testing Facebook Credits for websites