Citrix has unveiled its new GoTo Developer Center, which is designed to facilitate the process for third-parties to build cloud services and best-of breed solutions that will work with the Citrix GoTo collaboration services.
Basically, it is a free (so to speak), online resource that offers many developer resources, best practice tips, and access to APIs for building "strategic integrations and dynamic mash-ups."
The center also ties in the scheduling, registration, management and reporting functions of Citrix collaboration programs such as GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining.
Citrix is touting the capabilities provided by the GoTo Development Center as "better ways of working, improving workflow processes and actually changing the way work gets done." These tips should also provide for streamlined workflows, less duplicate work, and savings when it comes to both time and money.
Here are a couple of examples as of how the GoTo Developer Center works:
- Marketers hosting a GoToWebinar session could instantly sync registration and attendee data with their marketing automation and CRM systems.
- GoToTraining users could link the program's functionality directly to their existing learning management systems, enabling access from one system for all training administration work.
So going back to the free part, access to GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining developer resources are available at no additional cost to current customers via the Citrix GoTo Developer Center.
- Citrix rides product cycle, large deals to strong Q3, ups outlook
- Cisco expands telepresence choices for small, medium businesses
- Polycom intros 'world's first' whiteboard tool for collaboration, video
- Citrix overhauls SMB line-up, updates 'VDI-in-a-box'
- VMware, SuccessFactors add business execution software to cloud