On Tuesday, Citrix is aiming to become a software as a service enabler with the latest release of CloudPortal Business Manager 2.0, a platform designed to allow enterprises to deliver services via the cloud.
The company dubs its efforts as delivering anything as a service. That market is being targeted by infrastructure providers as a way to provision, optimize, manage user and deliver cloud services.
For Citrix, the pitch is to allow IT to become a cloud broker of sorts. Citrix aims to be the tool provider to companies providing cloud services internally and externally.
The approach is a twist on providing infrastructure and software, since it recognizes that the public cloud and external providers have a role in the computing resource pool.
The latest release of CloudPortal Business Manager includes:
- A catalog of cloud services from infrastructure providers via a self-service portal.
- An ecosystem of software development kits and application programming interfaces to deliver cloud services.
- A dashboard of cloud provider health, performance, status and utilization.
- Metering of cloud services.
- User and workflow management tools.