Cloud, social, and mobile drive double digital growth in APAC: Symantec

Symantec has highlighted one of the company's best performing regions is Asia Pacific, which is currently experiencing high double digit growth.

The consumption of cloud, social, and mobile are reasons why the Asia Pacific region is the one of the fastest growing regions for Symantec, according to Sanjay Rohatgi, Symantec APAC senior vice president.

The company has predicted that between the 2015 and 2018 financial years, Symantec will experience a compound annual growth rate of 14 percent in the region. In fact, Rohatgi said APAC is the only region that is currently experiencing high double digit growth.

Speaking to ZDNet, Rohatgi said currently 80 to 85 percent of the company's business in the region is driven by channel partners, while the other 15 percent is generated through direct business. However, there are plans to increase its channel partner business to contribute at least 90 percent "because the opportunities are huge".

With this in mind, the company plans to push its unified security strategy, plus its enterprise cloud security offerings in the region, especially over the next 12 to 18 months.

"The adoption of cloud, social, and mobile in this part of the world is much higher, especially mobile, and a lot of the emerging countries are leapfrogging and adopting cloud much faster than anywhere else," he said.

"This is very exciting because it means the opportunities for companies like Symantec are huge."

Rohatgi boasted the company's commitment to the region has already been marked by the investment it has made so far. For example, it has opened four security operations centres (SOC) in Sydney, Tokyo, Chennai, and most recently Singapore. The company also employs 1,800 R&D personnel, and 400 SOC and security technology and respond analysts in the region.

Speaking about Australia specifically, Rohatgi said the country, together with New Zealand, are the two highest performing countries for the company in the region after Japan.

"What's happening in Australia right now is we see a lot of consumption of information protection and cloud. Australia's cloud adoption is very high in this part of the world, and so we see a lot of cloud consumption of our solutions as well. These are the two standouts and CSS (control compliance suite)," he said.

"[Singapore] now has the best SOC, but I think for Australia's SOC we invested $12 million in getting that right. We're seeing a huge growth opportunity in CSS as well as in monitoring services, deep insights, incident response, and cyber simulation."

Disclosure: Aimee Chanthadavong travelled to Singapore with Symantec.

Newsletters

You have been successfully signed up. To sign up for more newsletters or to manage your account, visit the Newsletter Subscription Center.
See All
See All