The basic functions are all still present on this mobile application. That includes browsing TV listings and On Demand content, DVR programming and being able to change the channel.
However, more personalized features such as recommendations and shortcuts are promised to be on the way in future updates for both the Android and iOS versions of the app. Two big features we can soon expect include On Demand video streaming and live TV streaming directly on a tablet.
The app itself is free and ready to download from the Android Market now. Access to Xfinity streaming comes with a Comcast cable contract.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Foodspotting Lite app arrives in the Android Market; also hiring developers
- Android 2.3.3 reportedly breaks Google Voice on Nexus One
- Comcast bringing live TV to subscribers on iPad, Android tablets this year
- Dish Network brings live TV and DVR access to iPad with new app
- Comcast rolls out Xfinity TV for cable subscribers: Online access to content, remote DVR programming, more