Comcast is updating its Xfinity TV app for the iPad and iPhone with some new features focused on user preferences and customization.
That might sound bit lackluster, but it's looks like there's some depth to this. The third large upgrade for Xfinity TV for iOS, which debuted late last year, lets users customize TV listings by setting up favorite channels so that one can avoid all the boring stuff while channel surfing. Whatever settings one chooses here will sync up with XfinityTV.com too.
Viewers can also change channels on the TV with a new keypad and jump ahead by date and time to check out upcoming listings. Comcast also promises additional new instant On Demand content for streaming on the iPad, but failed to give any specifics. Nor was there any word about an update for the Android app.
The Xfinity TV app is available to download from the iTunes App Store for free.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Comcast's Roberts aims to make the cable box cool, take on Netflix
- Comcast churns out Xfinity TV app for Android
- Comcast, Time Warner announce deal for 'TV Everywhere' video streaming
- Comcast's live TV iPad app is running into resistance from cable networks
- Comcast bringing live TV to subscribers on iPad, Android tablets this year