Communications Minister Stephen Conroy used a two-way radio last Friday when marking the start of construction on a fibre-optic cable in WA. But what was he saying? Tell us to win a Norton 360 cap signed by V8 Supercar legend Craig Lowndes.
To win, post your caption in the talkback below this article.
The picture above was taken in WA last Friday when Conroy marked the start of construction on a fibre-optic communications backbone that will link Perth and Geraldton as part of the Federal Government's $250 million Regional Backbone Blackspots Program.
You can post anonymously if you wish, but make sure to include your correct address in the email field so we can let you know you've won!
The ZDNet Australia editorial team will choose the best entry after a week of discussion and announce the winner on the morning of Friday, 4 June. Terms and conditions can be found below.
The winner is ... *drum roll please* Stephen Dann! His comment is now shown in the image above.
Although it was one of the first comments submitted for the competition, it elicited belly laughs from everyone.
The runner-up prize goes to freon101 for: "Conroy announces new plan to filter CB channels after accidentally hearing truckies swearing on UHF Channel 40".
Thank you everyone for entering. We had a wonderful time reading them!
Terms and conditions:
- Instructions on how to enter and how to claim prizes form part of these conditions.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliates & agencies associated with the promotion (and their immediate families) are ineligible.
- Promoter is CBS Interactive Pty Ltd (ABN 41 092 094 525) of Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia.
- Competition commences 27 May 2010 and closes AEST 11:59pm 3 June 2010.
- To enter the competition readers of ZDNet Australia must submit a caption to the included photo.
- The judging will take place at the Promoter's office, Level 12, 50 Goulburn Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. From AEST 9am, 4 June 2010.
- The winner will be notified by phone or email on 4 June 2010 and published on ZDNet Australia on 4 June 2010.
- The author of the most insightful response, as judged by the editors from CBS Interactive, will be deemed the winner. This competition is a game of skill. The major prize winner will receive a Norton 360 hat signed by Craig Lowndes. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified immediately using the contact details provided on the entry form. If the Promoter receives no response from the winner within seven days of notification the Promoter holds the right to conduct a redraw of the prize at the original place designated for the competition and a new winner will be drawn and notified. If the winner selected is under the age of 18, the prize will be awarded to their parent or guardian.
- Entry into this promotion shall be deemed an acknowledgement and acceptance of these conditions. Promoter accepts no responsibility for illegible, damaged, late or misdirected entries/claims for any reason. Proof of posting shall not constitute proof of delivery. Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of claims and entries and disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting a claim or entry that is not in accordance with these conditions.
- Promoter shall not be liable for, and takes no responsibility in relation to, any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), or for personal injury suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions from the SA Lottery Department, Revenue SA) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to a written directions or conditions from any other relevant state or authority.
- Insurance and warranty for the products will be the responsibility of the vendor suppliers of the prize. Warranty details for each of the components of the prize will be provided with the prize. The Promoter of this competition is CBS Interactive.