Ryan Naraine has cooked up a list of the most influential people in security.
Here's the list packaged in a slideshow, which is annoyingly set on fast forward. For instance, I viewed two slides, went to bathroom and by time came back the gallery was over (and I really had to go).
- Tavis Ormandy, Google Security Team'
- Ivan Krstic, One Laptop Per Child'
- Chris Paget, IOActive' (actually he's now at Google)
- Bunnie Huang, Bunnie Studios'
- Michal Zalewski, Google'
- Window Snyder, Mozilla
- The MOAB Hackers'
- Dino Dai Zovi'
- Michael Howard, Microsoft'
- HD Moore, Metasploit '
- Dave Aitel, Immunity'
- Bronwen Matthews, Microsoft'
- John Pescatore, Gartner'
- Rob Thomas and Team Cymru'
- Stefan Esser, Hardened PHP Project'
A few takeaways:
- The list is Google heavy.
- I'd flip Krstic and Howard just based on sheer number of people affected.
- And perhaps I'd bump up Metasploit and the MOAB gang.