Social media is crucial to customer care according to a CapGemini survey of executives, but enterprises aren't so sure who is responsible for actually responding to the masses.
Among the key themes:
- 52 percent of senior executives say social media is part of their customer service operations.
- 57 percent of execs see social media as a way to garner customer input and insight on products and complaints.
- 73 percent of execs don't know how many employees are dedicated to listening to social media conversations about them.
- 64 percent of execs farm out social media monitoring to marketing.
- 41 percent of companies monitor online conversations and only respond to direct customer questions.
- 36 percent of execs measure the value of a social media program.
Capgemini's findings come courtesy of a Harris Interactive survey of 302 senior execs at Fortune 1000 companies.
Among the key charts: