Firefox 3.6 is moving closer to release.
On Thursday, Mozilla announced the fifth beta release of the forthcoming browser update.
Beta 5 offers improvements in performance, support for third party applications and user interface choices.
In the words of a Mozilla rep, here are the key new features and improvements to test:
- Support for the HTML5 File API
- A change to how third party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times
- Built-in support for Personas. Users can change browser's appearance with one click.
- Alerts about out-of-date plug-ins
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.