Dell recently announced its intent to acquire ASAP, a provider of IT management tools and license management services. According to the official press release, Dell has darned high hopes for the acquisition:
From the press release:
The acquisition of ASAP furthers Dell’s long-term initiative to radically simplify IT for customers by removing cost and complexity and making technology more efficient, manageable and flexible. Dell’s strategy, developed through millions of direct conversations with customers, is based on a set of core beliefs that:
- Information technology shouldn’t be as complex as it is.
- Customers should spend less on maintaining IT and more on innovation.
- Every IT project should not require an army of consultants.
- Computing should have minimal environmental impact.
- Superior information drives efficiency in an IT environment.
I'm not sure how the acquisition will accomplish all these incredible goals, but it definitely does sound impressive.