Apple is increasingly gaining enterprise IT acceptance and now 1 in 5 information workers carry Apple products, according to Forrester Research.
Forrester's report is based on 10,000 information workers around the world and the 3,350 hardware decision makers. Forrester analyst Frank Gillett said that it was looking to gauge IT support for the Mac and iOS devices.
Among the one in five information workers that carry an Apple product the types of devices are evenly spread as 11 percent carry iPhones, 9 percent iPads, 8 percent Macs and 6 percent toting two or more Apple devices.
Among the key points:
- 41 percent of information workers with director and above titles use Apple products.
- 46 percent of enterprises issue Macs. That tally is up by more than half in two years.
- 27 percent of companies support the iPad and another 31 percent plan to.
In a graphic, Forrester is summing up the anecdotal evidence that is sprouting everywhere about Apple's enterprise mojo.
- Apple’s iOS cited as the most popular mobile OS for enterprise
- American Airlines as tablet showroom: Apple enterprise grade, Samsung consumer
- FAA approves iPads in the cockpit; American Airlines to start Friday
- United Continental: Deploying iPads will save fuel
- Apple’s B2B App Store: Four reasons why it’s a big enterprise deal
- Deep Dive into Apple’s New Volume Purchase Program for Businesses
- How to: Procure Apple iPads, tablets in the enterprise
- Apple’s corporate iPhone, iPad app strength bad news for rivals
- 10 iPad 2 apps for business