Fusion-io upgraded its ioTurbine software with more features such as virtualization-aware caching, dynamic reallocation of cache memory with live migration of VMware vMotion virtual machines and management across all environments.
The company, which specializes in Flash-based data center storage, is launching its latest software amid a CEO swap. In addition, Fusion-io is facing competition from larger competitors, which are all hopping on the Flash-powered data center bandwagon.
Vikram Joshi, chief technologist at Fusion-io, said in a statement that the latest ioTurbine software accelerates virtual application performance. According to the company, the latest ioTurbine provides the option to cache in the guest virtual machine or hypervisor. That option speeds up performance and can optimize the system.
The latest update includes:
- Improved database performance with auto-tiered caching
- Virtualization-aware guest virtual machine caching
- Unified caching across disk, volume, file and virtual machines
- VMware vMotion support for server configurations and software-defined data centers
- Dynamic cache allocation and provisioning to rebalance capacity
- Double virtual machine density and offload storage area network workloads
- Fusion ioTurbine is available as stand-alone software for $3,900 or a bundle with the company's ioCache data accelerator application for $7,500