The Apple iPad tablet goes on sale in Singapore and Hong Kong in July. Here are some tips to prepare yourself for the iPad:
- Get the 3G+Wi-Fi model of iPad, not the WiFi-only model. The iPad has severe limitations on the type of files you can load into the device so it's better to access your files via 3G when you need them.
- Get a Micro SIM from your mobile operator. The iPad uses a Micro SIM, which is a smaller version of the SIM card.
- Buy the official iPad case from Apple. The iPad has a tendency to slip out of your hands with its smooth back surface; there isn't a handle on the iPad. The case makes your iPad less slippery and more comfortable to hold.
- Sign up for a MobileMe account so that you can track the whereabouts of your iPad if you lose it. Also MobileMe allows you to wipe out the iPad memory remotely if you have sensitive data in your lost iPad.
Some useful business apps I'm running on my iPad:
- LogMeIn for iPad lets you access your PC and Mac remotely so that you can run PC and Mac desktop apps like Microsoft Office.
- Office2 HD for iPad allows you to edit text documents and spreadsheets hosted in Google Docs.
- GoToMeeting for iPad is useful for joining Web conferences on the go.
- Keynote for iPad is good for presenting your slides on the iPad. You may get the iPad VGA Adapter to display your slides on a projector.
Don't forget to have fun while working on your iPad. Labyrinth 2 HD for iPad is a casual game that's very easy to play and looks great on the iPad.