AT&T is rolling out Android Gingerbread to all its Froyo-running (2.2) smartphones introduced this year, beginning with the Motorola Atrix 4G today. Updates will be delivered over-the-air (OTA) where possible, but may require a Wi-Fi connection or download to PC due to file large file sizes.
Handsets that will be updated to Gingerbread are as follows:
- HTC Inspire 4G: Coming in August, via Wi-Fi only
- LG Phoenix
- Motorola ATRIX 4G: Starting July 25; Update will update allow the users to download applications from third-party stores.
- Pantech Crossover
- Samsung Captivate 4G
- Samsung Infuse 4G
According to the press release, Gingerbread offers:
- User interface refinements
- Refined copy/paste functionality and speed enhancements
- Improved power management that offers a more active role in managing applications
- Improved on-screen keyboard with multi-touch support that makes typing faster and more accurate
I can't wait to see how my Infuse will improve with Gingerbread, whenever that update is available.