Google's related apps dominate the Android ecosystem with only Facebook cracking the top five in overall reach, according to Nielsen data.
Nielsen on Tuesday released its Android app reach rankings. The rankings are based on metered smartphones.
The top 20 Android apps like this:
A few points worth noting:
- Google Maps is more popular among men than women.
- Facebook reach is 81 percent among women compared to 66.9 percent with men.
- Google+ has a male reach of 15.9 percent among men and 7.2 percent among women.
- Advanced Task Killer Free has a 26.1 percent reach overall and is popular among men and women. This app exists only because Android doesn't apps don't know when to quit.
- Amazon's AppStore has a solid reach of 17.7 percent, but the Android market remains tops by a wide margin.