The second day of Google I/O 2011 started with a bang - a keynote on Chrome chock full of announcements and freebies. Here is the TL;DR version:
- Chrome used by 160 milliion people
- Chrome Web store extended to 41 languages
- Angry Birds in the Chrome web store
- Chromebooks available June 15th from Acer and Samsung starting at $349
- Chromebooks for Business at a flat fee of $28 per month, including warranty and free hardware upgrades
- Chromebooks for Education and Government at $20 per month
To jumpstart developer adoption, Google will be giving all IO2011 attendees a free Chromebook.