Vesess, a Web design and applications development firm focused on small and midsize enterprises (SMEs), has relaunched and renamed its flagship invoicing and billing service.
The new platform is called Hiveage (it used to be named CurdBee), and it automatically inherits approximately 35,000 customers that have been using it to create invoices and initiate billing processes online.
The target is entrepreneurs and companies with fewer than 20 employees that are looking to automate billing functions so they can spend more time on strategic tasks. The feature set includes:
- Project estimating, along with the ability to turn estimates into invoices automatically
- Time and expense tracking
- Tax calculations
- Support for multiple currencies
- The ability to schedule recurring payments
- Integrations for electronic payment gateways including , Google Wallet, Authorize.net, 2Checkout, WePay, GoCardless, Braintree and ; the service also supports and Harvest, for accounts in transition
- A team collaboration function that allows for up to 20 users, while leaving the ultimate control over processes with the small-business owner
- The ability to manage more than one venture from a single account
There's a free version of the software that allows simply for sending online invoices to an unlimited number of customers.
If you want more functionality, you pay a base of $1.95 per month and then by-the-feature. For example, the estimating module would be an additional $4.95 per month, support for recurring billing is $4.95 per month, and so on. Each of the payment gateways is an additional fee of $1.95 per month per gateway. Alternatively, you can pay a flat rate of $29.95 per month for a full-featured account with up to five users; or $49.95 per month for up to 10 users.