Hostway, a Chicago-based Internet hosting company announced today that they're now offering the industry's first Hyper-V-based Cloud services. Their “FlexLink” Hybrid Cloud will enable Hyper-V users to combine their company's public cloud infrastructure with managed hosting, co-location and private cloud service to achieve the optimal compute environment for their needs. Read the official release below.
Hostway Introduces FlexLink to Enable Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Deployments
Industry-First Microsoft Hyper-V™ Hybrid Cloud Supports All Operating Systems and Provides Seamless Portability
Chicago, February 7, 2012 — Hostway Corporation, a leading provider of custom infrastructure services and managed hosting, today announced the expansion of its portfolio of enterprise hosting solutions with FlexLink to enable hybrid cloud deployments. Hostway’s hybrid cloud solutions will allow a company to combine a managed public cloud infrastructure (FlexCloud™) with managed hosting, colocation and private cloud services to achieve the optimal compute environment for their needs.
Customers can now utilize any mix of Hostway’s physical and virtual hosting platforms for infrastructure requirements ranging from corporate websites and e-commerce stores to SaaS applications, databases, storage and more. The infrastructure services can be customized based on the security, compliance, performance and scalability demands of each component.
First Hyper-V™ Hybrid Cloud
Hostway’s FlexLink creates the first Microsoft Hyper-V™ based hybrid cloud available in the hosting marketplace. Hyper-V™ users can seamlessly port their cloud instances in and out of a Hostway hybrid environment while augmenting their infrastructure for additional compute capacity, instant scale and geographic failover. In addition, the Hyper-V™ environment reduces costs for Microsoft users by eliminating the need to pay for operating system licenses.
- Optimized compute configurations, leveraging the flexibility of the cloud to accommodate needs such as seasonal traffic spikes or fluctuating customer demand while using physical servers to meet industry-specific security and compliance requirements such as PCI DSS for credit card processing.
- Private VLAN connections between the cloud and managed environments, eliminating a point of vulnerability in some providers’ hybrid offerings.
- Complete cost control, with easy-to-budget fixed costs for managed servers and money-saving utility billing for cloud services.
- Optional use of Hostway’s colocation services to connect legacy equipment directly to hosted and cloud capacity, further simplifying the infrastructure outsourcing process.
- In addition to providing a mix-and-match hosted computing platform for their core infrastructure needs, Hostway’s hybrid cloud can be used for:
- Securing critical data, with the ability to run cloud applications in the public cloud while isolating sensitive data from customer-accessible resources by housing it on managed environments.
- Disaster recovery, enabling low-cost replication of mission-critical applications or data to ensure business continuity.
- Testing/dev environments, providing developers direct access to test servers as well as seamless connection to production environments in order to speed development cycles.
- Extending in-house infrastructure, with seamless integration between the on-and-off premises technology environments.
“The market is clearly moving to a hybrid compute model, with analysts predicting that most cloud adoptions in the future will consist of combined private/public cloud configurations,” said John Martis, President, at Hostway. “Our FlexLink solution addresses this need with the ability to blend both our FlexCloud™ solution and managed server resources in any combination to build a secure, flexible and dynamically scalable infrastructure.”
Hostway Chief Financial Officer, Mark D. Adolph added, “FlexLink will help organizations considering “cloud” but concerned with prior infrastructure purchases or security reduce their corporate cap ex investments by using a hybrid cloud approach. This will provide the attractive variable cost structure sought by all in today’s economic environment.”
About Hostway Corporation
Hostway Corporation is a leader in cloud, managed, and hybrid hosting. Hostway delivers reliable, secure, and scalable Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) solutions to over 600,000 customers worldwide. Hostway has emerged as one of the largest cloud hosting and Infrastructure-as-a-Service providers in the world due to the company’s expertise in developing secure, multi-tenant hosting environments and is committed to providing SMB's and large enterprises with cost effective business solutions. Hostway’s core products include Managed Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Email and Applications.