Here's what you need to get started:
- PSP With Firmware v2.60
- Networked XP Home/Pro Comp.
- WiFi (802.11b) Network Router
- Apple iTunes v6.0.4 Installed
- Songs in iTunes Music Library
- At Least 1 Playlist With Music
Check? Cool. Now let us go thru the five-step setup procedure that Sahas specifies:
- Download iTunes-PSP-Server.exe and save it to your desktop.
- Disable any firewalls and/or keep port 8080 open.
- Launch iTunes and then click on the iTunes-PSP-Server after.
- In IE/Firefox open the page “http://localhost:8080″
- Setup is complete if an “iTunes RSS Server” page appeared.
OK, now we are getting there. But just in case the iTunes RSS Server page doesn't appear, Sahas asks you to make sure your firewall has authorized “iTunes-PSP-Server.exe” to access the internet completely. You may also want to add a rule into your firewall to keep port 8080 open.
A bit more grunt work lies ahead. You need to know the IP address of the machine running iTunes and the iTunes-PSP-Server. Some of you already know how to do this but here are Sahas' instructions for those of you who do not:
To find you Local Area Network (LAN) IP go to Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Click on your Network Card -> Support Tab. Your local IP address should look something like this “192.168.1.xxx”.
Another method is to go to Start -> Run… -> type “cmd” hit enter -> type “ipconfig” in the window. Your IP Address should be displayed there. Once the 5-Step Procedure is complete and you have found your Local IP Address, proceed to the next step.
OK, how's it rollin'? Are you ready for the PSP Setup Procedure? Well here you go:
- Turn on your PSP and go to Network -> Internet Browser.
- Enter “http://IPAddress:8080″ into the Address area.
- When iTunes RSS Server appears add it to your bookmarks.
- Now click on any orange RSS icon and “Add This Channel”.
- Close Internet Browser and go to Network -> RSS Channel.
- Select a playlist you added and YOUR’RE DONE!!!
And now, you are ready to rock- or whatever your musical taste is.