HP announced Wednesday the next release of its HP Vertica Analytics Platform, HP Vertica Dragline.
HP said Dragline addresses big data challenges like rapid data gathering, exploration and organization.
New features of the platform include:
- Integration with Project Maverick, enhancing speed and performance;
- Dynamic workload management to adapt to query complexities;
- Expanded SQL-on-Hadoop exploration and cost-optimized storage;
- Sentiment analysis engine for tweets or any short pieces of freeform text, as well as geospatial analytic enhancements;
- And Text Search for search-based analytics on a range of text data, including machine logs and sentiment analysis of short text, such as tweets or product reviews.
"Our goal continues to be maximizing the value of every organization’s most strategic asset — its data," said Colin Mahony, vice president and general manager of Vertica for HP. "HP Vertica Dragline lets organizations store data in a cost-optimized manner, exploring it quickly and effectively using well-known SQL-based tools, and, most importantly, providing the customer insights and operational advantages to everyone with blazing-fast speed, accuracy and security."