An internal memo has leaked from HP management that puts employees on notice they will be able to buy a TouchPad from the company store on September 28. The company made news when it agreed to make one final production run of 100,000 - 200,000 TouchPads to clear out part inventories and satisfy demand for the cancelled tablet.
While HP has previously stated that this final allotment of TouchPads will go to unsatisfied orders, it sounds like employees will be able to grab one for their very own. While it was already looking like those who were anxiously awaiting a TouchPad would be hard-pressed to get one, that is probably more likely the case with those lucky HP staffers getting a turn.
Additional HP TouchPad coverage:
- HP TouchPad: Everything you want to know
- How to improve the performance of your new HP TouchPad
- HP’s TouchPad fire sale: The fallout
- HP punts on WebOS, discontinues TouchPad, cuts outlook
- A tale of two failures: Microsoft’s Kin and HP’s TouchPad
- webOS: A compelling OS that never appeared on great hardware
- Five lessons tablet OEMs can learn from HP TouchPad fiasco