Prime Minister Tony Abbott last week ruled out overturning the Labor government's ban on Huawei tendering for work on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
The ban is understood to relate to security advice from Australian intelligence agencies, but Huawei has insisted that it has no ties to the Chinese state.
Abbott's decision came despite Cabinet members, including Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Trade Minister Andrew Robb, believing that the Labor policy should be reviewed.
Huawei director and former Victorian Premier John Brumby said the company respects any government's right to make decisions about which companies it uses and does not use.
But he said the decision was "disappointing", given that Huawei is involved in eight of nine national broadband networks being built around the world.
The company is soon to be the world's biggest telecommunications carrier, and 50 percent of Australians use a Huawei product rebadged for other telcos such as Telstra, Vodafone, and Optus.
"From all of the discussions our company has had at all levels of government, past and present, and all levels of the public service and at all levels of agencies — formally and informally — no one ... has ever suggested there is any issue with our business," Brumby told the National Press Club on Wednesday.
He said Huawei does not depend on having a role in the NBN to be a successful business, and that it is in Australia "for the long haul".
The fall in the price of mobile phones and phone bills was due in large part to the global competition that Huawei has generated, he said.