Here's at least one other event that will happen on Friday, April 29th. Hulu Plus is making its way to the Xbox 360.
According to the Major Nelson blog, the premium streaming service will be unlocked (read: free) for one week starting on Friday until May 6th thanks to a sponsorship from...Jack Link’s Beef Jerky. Seriously. Nevertheless, that goes for all Xbox 360 owners (free or gold-level members), and a subscription isn't required in the slightest. (We'll have to wait and see how many beef jerky ads pop up within the timespan of one week.)
Sounds like a sweet little deal for owners of Microsoft's gaming console. However, no word on whether or not Hulu Plus for Xbox will get an update with motion gesture support like the Netflix app.
Even though Hulu Plus is already available on Sony's PlayStation 3, at least this console isn't entangled in any controversies or outages...at least not yet. Now if only Hulu Plus would start working on the BlackBerry PlayBook...
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Netflix anticipates TV Everywhere to be biggest competitor
- Dish Network picks up over 500 Blockbuster location leases
- Warner Bros. beefs up rentals on Facebook with five big-budget titles
- Hulu Plus reportedly being tested on TiVo Premiere boxes
- Hulu considers turning itself into an online cable operator