The next version of Android OS, the absurdly-long titled Ice Cream Sandwich, is expected to drop by the end of the year.
We'll be getting another taste of what will be the fourth evolution of the mobile operating system -- the first optimized for both tablets and smartphones at the same time -- next week.
Furthermore, we will also likely be seeing new devices that will be running Ice Cream Sandwich now that Google and Samsung are co-hosting a media event in Hong Kong on Wednesday, October 19.
Few other details have been revealed except for the use of an Ice Cream Sandwich Android logo in the email invite, but we'll all know in less than a week thanks to a live stream of the event on YouTube.
Scheduled to start at 10:00 am HKT on Wednesday, here's a rundown for U.S. watchers of when it will start for you during the evening of Tuesday, October 18:
- Eastern Time: 10:00 pm
- Central Time: 9:00 pm
- Mountain Time: 8:00 pm
- Pacific Time: 7:00 pm
- Alaska: 6:00 pm
- Hawaii: 4:00 pm
- Apple wins Samsung Galaxy tablet ban in Australia
- Google Q3 earnings preview: Eyes on economy, Motorola Mobility hit
- Google search share rises while competitors stumble
- Google gets its Peanut Butter manifesto: We don't get platforms
- ChromeZone: Finally, a Google retail approach that could actually work