January came and went without an iPad 2 unveiling, thus it's time to start rumors about a February announcement - and it could be as soon as next week.
Multiple websites are speculating that Apple might be hosting an event next week to officially debut iOS 4.3, which has been the source of another rumor mill entirely. While this could be true, it would also serve as a good cover for a surprise revelation.
Normally Apple tends to announced next-gen iPhone and iPad models in January (and June), but we didn't get anything truly new last month. The big event was all about the current iPhone's availability with a new carrier, Verizon. But we all knew that was coming, didn't we? It's possible that Apple didn't want to overshadow this news, thus holding off the iPad 2 until after February 10 when the Verizon iPhone hits shelves.
Given how many rumors there have been about the iPad 2, we know this gadget is coming too. It's only a matter of time.
Related coverage on ZDNet:
- Is this the iPad 2 screen?
- Rumors: iPad 2 getting thinner, antiglare screen, no SD slot
- News Corp's Daily launches on Apple's iPad
- Rumored iPad 2 cases reveal possible Mini DisplayPort spot
- Spotted: iPad 2 screenshot with FaceTime, PhotoBooth, Camera apps