Sam's Club gets in on the action too, with 69 locations offering the handset on the 28th. Some stores will reportedly get live demo units to display, similar to those at Best Buy Mobile.
No word on pricing for the iPhone, which will probably stay that way until holiday shopping is over. Will there be discounts?
Internal Wal-Mart correspondence, via BGR:
We are pleased to announce that Wal-Mart has reached agreement with Apple to offer iPhone 3G in Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart-managed Sam’s Club* Connection Centers nationwide beginning December 28, 2008. AT&T will support Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club with the activation process for iPhone 3G, and we need all National Retail employees engaged to ensure a successful launch.
*NOTE: This product launch DOES NOT apply to SC Kiosks within Sam’s Club managed by Radio Shack.
Wal-Mart has communicated the following launch plans and execution timeline to their employees:
- iPhone 3G will be available in-store only beginning 12/28/08
- New and existing customers in good standing can purchase iPhone 3G with a 2 year contract
- iPhone 3G transactions only will be processed through POS.com, not the kiosk
- 12/2 – 12/5: AT&T / Wal-Mart MEM Classroom Training for Store Leads
- 12/3 – 12/19: AT&T In-Store Training
- 12/26 – 12/27: AT&T In-Store Refresher Training
- 12/28: Nationwide Launch
- 12/28 – 12/30: Wal-Mart and AT&T War Room Support
Thoughts? Tell us in TalkBack.