Kaseya CEO Yogesh Gupta introduced me to the features of release 8 of his company's IT management solution. The company is positioning itself as "the IT management cloud company" and makes it possible for its customers — typically managed service providers and large enterprises — to centrally monitor, manage and automate local and cloud-based workloads and systems.
Here are the key features of release 8
Here's what Kaseya has to say about the new release of its product.
- Enhanced security and compliance capabilities added to Kaseya Remote Control—the world’s fastest remote control
- Release of a new generation of AuthAnvil product, making user authentication even easier to manage, track and audit
- Seamless integration of Traverse Service Level Management with VSA Service Desk, ensuring services are tracked and meet desired service levels
- Enhanced management of Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint Online, for easier, more efficient administration
- Flexible new training options via Kaseya University’s new Learning Center including self-paced, hands-on or with the aid of instructors
What products is Kaseya offering?
Kaseya's product is made up of a number of individual products that appear to have been designed by developers and administrators to help other developers and administrators make quick work of typical multi-system, multi-site administrative tasks. Here's a list of the tools.
- Virtual System Administrator is a tool designed to help administrators provision systems, distribute software to those systems, remotely control them, and automate administrative tasks. This can be used to create "self-healing" environments. It can also help manage backup and recovery processes. It has been used to improve endpoint security and report on performance.
- Traverse is a tool designed to make it possible to monitor the connections between systems and various services.
- Enterprise Mobility Management provides monitoring and access control of enterprise applications from mobile devices.
- 365 Command is a tool designed to extend control and monitoring functions to users of Microsoft's Office365 and SharePoint subscription services.
- AuthAnvil is a new tool designed to help with identity management, access management and single sign on. It integrates two-factor authentication and password management.
If anything, the problem Kaseya faces is that their product offers so many capabilities that would be of interest to an organization's administrative staff that it is hard to sum it all up in a single sentence. This makes marketing its products challenging.
I would suggest that they focus on a single feature when they first speak with a prospect. Once an organization's decision makers have been persuaded to take a look at Kaseya's product, I'm fairly certain that they will be impressed.