LinkedIn is expanding its resources beyond just serving as a professional social networking portal to actually getting jobs. Well, at least applying for them.
Apply with LinkedIn is a web plug-in touted as "one simple click" for the end user to file a job application. Application information will be saved, and users can go back and have a record of everywhere to which he or she applied.
As for employers, LinkedIn is promoting easier access to references and referrals, and developers only have to start with "a few lines of code." Additionally, the interface can be customized with the particular company's own design, and applications can be received via email or integrated with the company's applicant tracking system.
Of course, if someone gets hired after applying using the LinkedIn plug-in, that information will be posted to the applicant's LinkedIn page. It looks impressive for the applicant, and it's good advertising for LinkedIn.
Now that LinkedIn is public, this extra stream of revenue is essential for the company. LinkedIn boasts that Netflix, TripIt, Photobucket and "over a thousand other companies" are already using this tool.
For a closer look at Apply with LinkedIn, check out the promo video below:
- Facebook plugins most used, Google +1 button passes Twitter buttons
- Flip through web news on your iPad with new Flipboard app, now integrates with LinkedIn
- Enterprise social business: Integration matters
- Make money online, part 1: Introduction to Google AdSense
- Dice.com to host a live virtual career fair complete with 3D virtual environment