McAfee has unveiled a new solution boasted to offer reliable real-time protection for business-critical databases.
The McAfee database security solution has been designed to protect databases from external, internal and intra-database threats.
This security platform offers the following features:
- Complete visibility into database vulnerabilities
- Non-intrusive, real-time protection across all threat vectors
- Security updates can be made without the business disruption of taking critical applications offline
Thus, the extra benefits here don't require anything extra at all -- meaning no necessary architecture changes or downtime periods.
Basically, the idea here is to enable customers to easily incorporate this database security solution into their existing overall security strategies.
To ensure "complete protection across the most popular database management systems," the current version of McAfee database security supports MySQL and Teradata databases.
- McAfee rolling out new security, privacy options for mobile devices
- McAfee: Malware samples exceeded expectations in 2011
- Android drive-by download attack via phishing SMS
- Xerox, McAfee team up to develop new data security platform
- 'Malnets' will become major online security issue in 2012: report