While many businesses cite security as a reason for not moving to the cloud yet, McAfee has updated its cloud security suite to target this demographic.
Boasted as the "only single content-aware platform," the McAfee Cloud Security Platform is designed to secure all primary channels of traffic, meaning email, web and authentication.
Here's a rundown on the new features included in the latest update:
- McAfee Cloud Identity Manager: Expands integration with SAML aware and traditional log-in cloud applications. Designed to provide ease of use with an SSO Portal for centralized, seamless access.
- McAfee Data Loss Prevention: Safeguards information while moving it to the cloud. Companies can leverage their existing on-premise or cloud infrastructures for faster categorization and remediation of data across hundreds of servers and thousands of file shares.
- McAfee Email Gateway (version 7.0): Offers new advanced encryption features, including push and pull, and the ability to view encrypted messages from mobile devices.
- McAfee Web Gateway (version 7.1.6): Includes enhanced features to limit corporate liability and exposure, and enforce corporate Web usage policies for increased security.
The platform can be deployed as an on-premise appliance, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), or as a hybrid solution of these two options.
- For consumers, finding competent PC support is a challenge
- Stuxnet 2.0? Researchers find new 'cyber-surveillance' malware threat
- Mozilla blocks McAfee Firefox extension, citing "explosive crashes"
- Symantec launching 'first' data loss prevention option for tablets
- Most IT managers are concerned over personal devices at work